Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
We at Plan A are a team of experienced, yet ambitious professionals. Our ambition is to create smart and compelling solutions bringing benefits to our partners. We believe that great people can achieve great results! Communication, cooperation, and collaboration are the fundamentals of our teamwork.
We are looking for software developers with an entrepreneurial spirit who love and live to code. The ideal candidates are passionate about their work and the success of the projects.
Join our team of Ruby on Rails Engineers to:
- Work on one of the most promising accounting solutions for process optimization.
- Have an impact in the world of accounting with your software engineering skills.
- Learn from and collaborate with professionals with huge experience in automation solutions, who know how to make successful software products.
- Be part of a 30+ multinational development team.
In This Role You Will:
- Develop robust, scalable, and secure features.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Participate in the development, unit testing, implementation, and troubleshooting of the platform.
- Apply best practices of test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, and quality standards.
- Stay informed about relevant new technologies and drive their continuous adoption and integration into the development process.
- Backend: Ruby on Rails
- Frontend: React
- Database: Postgres
- Hosting: GCP
- Experience in:
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Ideally developed Rails as a REST API to an SPA frontend - i.e. React
- RSpec - for unit and integration testing
- Experience with single-table inheritance and polymorphic associations would be beneficial
- Experience with ActiveAdmin would also be beneficial
- Experience with any of the following popular gems is a bonus - pundit, ransack, aasm, kaminari, rswag-api, que.
- Experience integrating external API services would be beneficial (i.e. OCR solutions, fintech solutions, etc.);
- Experience with our front-end tech stack is a bonus (React, React Hooks, styled-components, cypress, storybook);
- Proficiency in version control with git, also good knowledge of GitHub (GitHub Actions is a bonus);
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Good understanding of full software development life-cycle in Agile environment;
- University degree in computer science or engineering is a strong advantage;
- Result-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Very good written and spoken English.
Joining us you will:
- Challenge yourself and see how you impact the company’s success!
- Have a startup work environment, energetic vibe, and people focused on teamwork and great results.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- Have 25 days of paid annual leave.
- Have an additional health insurance plan.
- Learn and grow with the company. Be encouraged to show creativity, innovation, and initiative. Work in a dynamic, fast-evolving environment. Training and certification programs. Benefit of our employee referral bonuses.